Ora et labora
~St. Benedict

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Journal gifts for my boys

When my first son was born, I remember being filled with such overwhelming emotions. I would literally stare at him in amazement and pure awe for hours. I just could not believe that he came out of my womb and I would often cry. I was no longer a girl, but a woman with a baby...how gloriously strange. Never wanting to lose this monumental moment in our lives, I wrote a long letter to my dear infant son. It is tucked away in his baby box, but every once in a while I read it out loud. Oh and those emotions surge right back to the surface, like if it were yesterday.

I am always so grateful after reading the letter, because there is no way that I would remember that moment in time so fully.

The letter sparked a desire to pen my thoughts and feelings about both of my sons' lives. So, a couple of years ago, I went out and bought a journal for each of them to record how their mama sees them through her loving eyes.

I continue to journal and just made an entry tonight. One day I would like to present the journals as gifts to my boys when they are big men.



No comments:

Post a Comment